Donald Trump says he will ban Tik Tok in America
US President Donald Trump said that he intends to sign, on Saturday, August 1, 2020, an executive order banning the application of Chinese Tik Tok in the United States.
US President Donald Trump said that he intends to sign, on Saturday, August 1, 2020, an executive order banning the application of Chinese TikTok in the United States.
"Concerning TikTok, we will ban it in the United States ... I will sign the document," Trump said in an interview with reporters on Air Force One.
Earlier, Trump announced that the United States was considering taking various measures against the application of "TikTok," including the application ban.
And US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has previously announced that he does not rule out the banning of the "TikTok" program in the United States, just like the recent Chinese social media, given the suspicion that these programs send private information to the Chinese authorities.
It is noteworthy that users in the United States of America spend more time daily on the application "TikTok" than the application "Instagram".
The data published by the financial services company "Cowen" showed a significant increase in the popularity of the "TikTok" application among users. During the second quarter of 2020, TikTok users spent an average of 41 minutes daily on the application, compared to 33 minutes for Instagram users, according to what Mentioned by "theverge".
But the application of TikTok faces potential threats in the United States of America, with President Donald Trump's administration thinking of banning it or separating it from the Chinese parent company.